Beautiful, healthy hair doesn’t come easy. There are a lot of steps that go into maintaining a great head of hair. And while many consumers think conditioning is optional, Hair Club® (http://www.hairclub.com) recommends making conditioner a staple in your healthy-hair regimen.
Conditioning slows down the natural weathering and wearing down of the cortex. Dry hair lacks moisture and moisture must be restored to regain a healthy look. A lack of moisture means the number of hydrogen bonds may be reduced. Conditioning re-establishes the hydrogen bonds and improves the moisture content of the hair by improving the weatherproofing of the cuticle.
Not convinced? Hair Club offers 10 reasons why you should use conditioner regularly:
1. Knots, tangles, back-combing and hair elastics can lift the cells of the cuticle layer, which can eventually lead to cortex exposure and hair breakage. Using conditioner every time you wash your hair can help prevent this damage.
2. Aging causes natural wear and tear to the hair. When a new hair first grows it has 10-12 layers of cuticle scales, which are gradually worn away over time. At the ends of the hair the cuticle may be worn away altogether exposing the cortex and the only cure is to trim the hair. Regular use of conditioner can help maintain the cuticle and allow hair to grow longer between trims.
3. Cold weather dries out the hair quicker because there is less humidity in the air. This dryness, combined with the cold makes hair brittle and susceptible to breakage. Applying conditioner can help to protect the hair from becoming dried out.
4. Coloring your hair can cause chemical damage that leaves the hair dry and brittle. Conditioning will help re-moisturize the hair and help prevent dry, split ends.
5. Combing or brushing can induce static in the hair, especially when the air is dry in the winter. The hair will tend to tangle and have fly-always. Conditioners are formulated to help prevent static build up.
6. Wind tangles the hair and causes individual strands to rub together. This can cause enough friction to damage the cuticle layer, weakening the hair shaft and leading to breaking. Conditioner reduces the friction between strands and helps prevent tangles.
7. Ultra violet rays from the sun break down the keratin and melanin in the cuticle and cortex of the hair. This weakens, lightens and dries out hair over time. The use of conditioner keeps hair hydrated.
8. Perms break the sulfur bonds in hair and re-form them in a new shape. This process can disrupt the cuticle and dry out the hair. Using a leave-in conditioner before processing can help protect the hair from damage.
9. Damage from heated styling tools leaves the hair dry. Over-dried hair will be brittle and susceptible to breakage. Certain leave-in conditioners can help protect the hair from heat damage.
10. Regular shampooing removes dirt and buildup from the scalp and hair but it can also strip the hair of important nutrients. Conditioner helps replenish the lost nourishment.
For more information about maintaining healthy hair, be sure to visit our blog: http://blog.hairclub.com.
About Hair Club:
Founded in 1976 by Sy Sperling, Hair Club is the leader in hair restoration and the largest company in the industry offering all proven hair loss solutions. Hair Club has granted more than 500,000 men, women, and children an experience that truly changed their lives. Today, Hair Club has 100 locations throughout the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Tokyo-based Aderans Co. Ltd, the world’s leading provider of total hair loss solutions. Aderans brands in the U.S. include Bosley.
*If you wish to reuse the content of this press release, please include a link to hairclub.com.