Spending a lot of time in the water, either in the pool or the ocean can cause some damage to your locks!
Chlorine: If your client spends a lot of time in the pool, it won’t take long before they realize that chlorine will build-up on their hair and cause some real issues. Chlorine will build up on your hair and can dry your hair, causing your ends to appear more damaged. The build-up feels unpleasant and makes hair dull and hard to style.
How do our clients prevent the chlorine build-up?
- Shampoo immediately upon existing the pool with Clear Clarifying shampoo, then with That’s the Norm shampoo to maintain the hair’s natural PH balance. Continue on with a moisturizing conditioner such as Turbo Boost.
- Spray your hair with Turn up the Heat before you get into the water. This will help keep moisture in and chlorine out!
Ocean Seawater: Seawater can do a number on your hair. Add the seaside breeze and the baking sun, and you might return from your beach vacation with a tanned body and a head full of dried-out frizz.
How do our clients prevent the damaging effects of seawater?
- Shampoo with Jump Start moisturizing shampoo BEFORE taking a dip in the ocean.
- Apply enough Turbo Boost to your hair to coat ALL your hair.
- Take a wide toothed comb and comb the Turbo boost through the hair. If you have long hair, braid the hair and tie with a non-metal fastener.
- This will help keep the effects of the seawater and sun minimized.
Now you’re ready to ride the waves!
While springtime brings beautifully bloomed gardens it also brings about the warmer climates. Heat and humidity! Heat and/or humidity can be found across the country. No matter if you are on the West coast or East coast, Southeast or Central region, heat and humidity will find you…and your hair!
Spring’s influx of humid weather can leave hair flat and squelch even the most extreme efforts at styling. Humidity will contribute to your hairs moisture causing your texture to change. So if your client had wavy hair, they may experience even wavier hair than normal which can make styling more difficult. Let’s make our clients styling easier by using and recommending the right products for their environment.
Use and recommend: HYDRA-SHINE! Hydra-shine is an excellent conditioning styling product that helps seal your hair so it won’t frizz in humid climates.
“It’s hot, sure, but it’s a different type of heat.” – Sound familiar? Hot dry air will open the hairs cuticle, which leads to split ends, breakage and duller hair color.
Use and recommend: On the Mend! On the Mend is a vitamin pack with sunscreen. It will not only replenish lost nutrients the heat has sapped but protect the hair from the harmful effects of UV rays.
Information provided by: Tina Lewis, Director of Technical Training.