Mother’s Day is such a special day; it is a celebration of Mothers and motherhood!
Tid-Bit of Mother’s Day Information:
- Mother’s day was created by Anna Jarvis in 1908 and is observed in many parts of the world.
- It became an official U.S. holiday in 1914 and most commonly falls on the second Sunday in May.
- Mother’s Day traditionally involves presenting Mothers with flowers, cards, and other gifts.
- A Mother can be anyone in your life that has been an inspiration, there for you in any way, or someone you can call for anything.
- The meaning of a Mother is a female partner, mother-in-law, step Mother, or adoptive Mother.
- A Mother is someone who loves unconditionally and places the needs of her children above her own.
My Mother has been all of the above and much more, she is truly my best friend. I am so excited to finally announce I will be a Mother myself being almost 6 months pregnant and already loving my baby boy so much, I just can’t imagine when he is here in my arms how I will feel. It is funny how much more you appreciate your Mother when you’re older or have kids of your own. A Mother sometimes can be pushy and do all the things you don’t like or say things you don’t want to hear. As we get older we understand “why” she did those things to make us a better person or give us the best advice so that we may have the best life. We don’t get it when we are young but once we are older we say “Mom you were so right about everything, sorry for doing this or acting like that.” I have said it plenty of times and I am sure with my own child I will do the same. For Mother’s Day weekend this year my sisters, my Mom, and I went to Las Vegas to celebrate. Lying by the pool, soaking in the sun, having a swim was so nice…especially spending it with my Mom. Even just being at home having a nice brunch, lunch or dinner is nice. There are so many different things you can do to treat that women in your life that is your Mother or is like a Mother to you. I hope everyone enjoyed Mother’s Day!